Dogs4Sale.net :: Free Classifieds listing Pets, Dogs and Puppies for Sale Forum Index
Search Our SiteRegister Log in

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Re: BEWARE!!! AKC standard poodles red/cream pups
Post Re: BEWARE!!! AKC standard poodles red/cream pups 
Hello, whoever you are, Yes you are right, These are the same dogs. You don't show red or apricot poodles, so you know nothing about the breeding of my dogs.This breeding was not deliberate-I thought Rosie was out of season. I know she is too young. That is why I am coddling her and have firm arrangements to separate her fom males for her next 2 seasons.
<br>

<br>
Behind this pair, however, they are not that closely bred, and their parents and so forth for many generations have been health screened and OFA'd. The only thing mine are too young to have done yet is OFA. Both parents (as well as all ancestors known for many years)of my dogs are vonWillebrand's, CERF and SA clear (their dam is 12 now and has good skin, and Palmares has never had a dog that she is aware of with SA, since 1944) and have good hips.When you breed DNA clear to DNA clear you get clear puppies. You keep doing the DNA test anyway because the paper trail get too cumbersome to follow. The puppies are not poor quality.
<br>

<br>
I have spoken about this breeding (at length)to the owners of both the sire and the dam of my dogs, and neither felt that this was a bad breeding except for the unfortunate timing. I suppose you have never had an unplanned breeding. Most of the breeders I have met (and I know NO puppy mills or backyard breeders)have had an occasional mistake. That doesn't make the puppies bad. It was something we might have done deliberately were she older. Line breeding is the only way to fix type. My dogs are Palmares (pictured in The Complete Poodle by Lydia Hopkins 1st and 3rd editions in the chapter on California poodles) and Minarets of Oregon breeding. Minarets are shown in obedience as well as conformation, and the owner is a member of VIP Poodles as well as teaching obedience in her town. Palmares dogs are behind all the red standards in the country. Janet Blannin of Palmares was profiled in Poodle Review's Apricot Issue last year. She is doing well with the sister of my dogs, and she was not pick of the litter. (My boy was)
<br>

<br>
I am not a "backyard breeder". I offer a 2 year genetic health guarantee on these dogs. I have had standard poodles before,(got my first one in 1983,  Chantefleuri and Palmares breeding, and I did not breed her) and have studied the breed extensively. The last thing I want to do is unleash a bunch of poor quality dogs on the market. Any dogs not going to a show home will go with limited registration and a spay/neuter contract. Besides, if you can show me how to make a profit in dogs, I'd be interested to know how it's done.(as would several show breeders I know)
<br>

<br>
 I do not appreciate your posting about my dogs without contacting me first to find out what is the real story instead of making inaccurate assumptions about me,my motivations and my dogs.
<br>

<br>
 From the OFA website:
<br>
SIRE
<br>
PO-12762G24M-PI HIPS Oct 7 2003 24 GOOD
<br>
PO-SA918/35M-PI SEBACEOUS ADENITIS Sep 15 2004 35 NORMAL
<br>
POS-3392 CERF Sep 1 2005 47 NORMAL. TESTED: 03,04,05
<br>