Dogs4Sale.net :: Free Classifieds listing Pets, Dogs and Puppies for Sale Forum Index
Search Our SiteRegister Log in

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Doggie Heart Patient Gets New Home
Post Doggie Heart Patient Gets New Home 
BOSTON -- It's a story with real heart: Daisy, a 3-month-old puppy that underwent successful heart surgery after the generosity of local animal-lovers, is finally homeward bound.

Boston television station WCVB reported Thursday that Daisy and her new owners already have a special bond.

They made a perfect portrait. The Mullen family is now complete.

Hundreds of callers responded to a story about the dog, wanting to adopt the abandoned pup. The Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals decided the Mullens, of Cambridge, were the perfect fit.

"We've had several dogs in the past 20 years and have always treated them as part of our family," Barbara Mullen said.

She is a nurse who wrote a convincing letter to the MSPCA.

"I don't know. It just seems like things were meant to be," Frank Mullen said.

He is a firefighter. Aside from three kids, they already had a dog, named Rosie, that looks a lot like Daisy. But one very rare connection is that oldest daughter, Molly, 14, has also had heart surgery -- three operations, in fact, to correct a congenital defect.

"I feel like now I'm not the only one with a scar," Molly said.

"I think if Molly has to have anything else done, then Daisy can kind of help her, and she can be reminded of Daisy all the time through it," Molly's sister, Katie, said.

Molly is having yet another operation within a year's time. As for Daisy, she's got the green light for a fully normal life -- requiring only a yearly ultrasound to make sure all is well.

Read more...

Source: (dog.com) doginfo News Headlines
dog RSS news feed, updated daily

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1