Dogs4Sale.net :: Free Classifieds listing Pets, Dogs and Puppies for Sale Forum Index
Search Our SiteRegister Log in

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Boxer or Chocolate Lab?

Post Boxer or Chocolate Lab? 
Need some help.

I've done the research and I'm trying to decide between a Boxer or a Chocolate Lab.  

My sister is a breeder of the Lab but I've always really liked the Boxers.  2 friends of mine have Boxers and just love them.

My wife and I have 2 children both under 6 years old.

Thoughts?

Personally I think you should be fine with EITHER dog.  Both the Boxer and the Lab are GREAT with kids.  Both are high energy and will make a good companion.

The good news with your Lab is you should have an easy time getting a quality puppy (since you know the breeder) and you can verify the pup will be taken care of well up to the point you get the pup.

One of the key differences I've noticed between the lab and boxer is the Lab is bred to the bone for playing fetch and ball.  Boxers on the other hand..... not so much.  Smile  

So if you think your kids might like to play a lot of fetch with the dog etc... the Lab might be the way to go (plus your sister is the breeder......)

Good luck with what ever you choose!  I love (and have owned) both breeds!

Free Dog and Puppy Community / Discussion Site

Post Re: Boxer or Chocolate Lab? 
trevors wrote:
Need some help.

I've done the research and I'm trying to decide between a Boxer or a Chocolate Lab.  

My sister is a breeder of the Lab but I've always really liked the Boxers.  2 friends of mine have Boxers and just love them.

My wife and I have 2 children both under 6 years old.

Thoughts?

Personally I really love boxes.  I've always had one in the house since I was a small child.  

They are great with kids, people, NEVER bite and have great energy.  They are also very healthy.

My vote is to go with a Boxer  Laughing

So we went with the Choc. Lab.  He is Sooooo cute!  Can't wait to get him home!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I think the "playing fetch" was the deal breaker for me on the boxer.  sorry boxer lovers out there Sad Sad

I think you should have gone with the boxer because my boxers love to ply fetch and are eager to learn new things and they are very loyal and can be protective. Thay are also good companions and if they are home alone and a stranger comes to the door, they will sound vitious and mean but they wont hurt anyone.

I think you should have gone with the boxer because my boxers love to ply fetch and are eager to learn new things and they are very loyal and can be protective. Thay are also good companions and if they are home alone and a stranger comes to the door, they will sound vicious and mean but they wont hurt anyone.

Laughing  Laughing  So you want to hear something funny!  We DID get the boxer hehehe.  Actually we got BOTH.  We decided to get both since we have 2 kids and didn't want there to be any problems.  Plus, my kids play together so much we figured the same would be true with our puppies.

So, we are now a family of 6 can you believe it! hehhee

Were pretty much through the stages of potty training and were really having a LOT of fun!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1